grub-devel

Re: Switching to git?

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Switching to git?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:30:57 +0100

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 12:45:48PM -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Other GNU projects have switched to git.  Savannah supports git.  The
> list of the GNU projects using git is pretty impressive:
> http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/

Savannah support was the main concern raised by Okuji last time a proposal
to switch away from CVS was brought up.  It's good that this is solved.

I myself have no objection.  I'd prefer svn, but that's not supported by
Savannah yet, and anything is better than CVS IMO.  In the event that we
decide to migrate to svn in the future, though, is there an easy path
from git to svn?

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)