grub-devel

Re: nwebie needs your kind guiance

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: nwebie needs your kind guiance
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:15:22 -0500

Hello!

First of all, please don't post the same question over and over again.

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 15:24 +0530, J.Bakshi wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am a fan of Legacy GRUB. But also come to know about GRUB2. What is
> the utility of developing GRUB2 ?

The goal is to have a better bootloader.

> is it more fancy than legacy grub ? if yes then I like to know about it.

I'm afraid it's not "more fancy".  It's under development, and many
aspects need improvement.  But you can try it so that you have your own
opinion.

> I have not found any documentation on it.

It needs to be written.  But you can find some information on
http://grub.enbug.org/

> So needs some guidance from you all. one more point; is grub2 is more
> graphic power than gfx-grub ?

Please avoid asking questions that can only have subjective answers,
especially if you are asking somebody participating in the development.

I think if you are looking only to get the best software right now
without giving anything in return, grub2 is not for you.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin