grub-devel

Guidance

From: Vince Radice
Subject: Guidance
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:25:14 -0500

I am having a problem with GRUB 1 and 2. It seems that neither version correctly works with my IDE controller. I have 2 hdds but grub (both versions) only recognize the first. From what I can determine, I am unique in having this problem and the only way to get it fixed is to do it myself. So, here is my request - can someone point me to the module that would determine the type of IDE controller installed where I would have to insert some code to have the controller report the correct number of hdds attached? I have downloaded the source code for grub2.

Thank you,
Vince Radice