grub-devel

Re: Transparent decompression with file system filter

From: Bean
Subject: Re: Transparent decompression with file system filter
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:23:04 +0800

Hi,

On Nov 19, 2007 4:02 PM, Bean <address@hidden> wrote:
> btw, the current cvs code seems to have problem, i can't access
> partition from hd! but i'm able to test this feature using (host) in
> grub-emu.

Ok, i figure it out now, i need to add the biosdisk module to
core.img, then it can access hard disk just as before.

I find more grub_gzfile_open to change in the elf and multiboot
loader, I also change the name of controlling variable from "nocomp"
to "nofshook" as it seems more natural, please check out the new
patch.

I test the auto decompression is various situation, it work out fine,
for example, you can now use loopback on a compressed file:

loopback lo1 (hd0,1)/aa.img.gz

--
Bean