grub-devel

Re: Layout testing for graphical menu

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Layout testing for graphical menu
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:55:06 +0200

Marco Gerards wrote:
> Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I was hoping that someone else might stand-up but as there wasn't really
>> interest I made a draft. This is basically using Okuji's idea of using
>> CSS for specifying look. I made HTML page and example CSS filling
>> information. And of course it looks ugly as I didn't spent too much on
>> tuning it.
>
> Actually, I am still hoping you are interested in working on this! :-)
>
> What is the state of the current framebuffer support?  Are
> backgrounds, etc supported?

I think I have a local copy that supports backgrounds. I was kinda
waiting that new menu system would take over this. But I think new plan
would be to do several iterations on it... so I might commit improved
gfxterm that supports background (and is a bit faster, though needs more
memory). Next iteration would be to replace this functionality with
improved menu/themes. That version probably will not be backwards
compatible with first iteration, but I think we can live with that.