grub-devel

Re: Outline menu

From: Amin Azez
Subject: Re: Outline menu
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 10:01:00 +0000

* Markus Elfring wrote, On 05/11/07 22:01:
And then add something like:
set menumode=outline
set menumode=hierarchical (or normal, default)

Can a data format like it is specified by the outline markup language be
supported by the GRUB 2 boot loader?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OML

Is an alternative specification needed in this context?

At the same time, can we consider supporting specification of alternative short menu texts, suitable for display on 16 character LCD screens.

I'll be doing some work on grub-legacy to support boot menu's on such serial-port based displays as soon as I get a firmware update from one manufacturer.

I hope grub 2 can consider this early on.

Sam