grub-devel

Re: Grub Memory Map - Processor

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Grub Memory Map - Processor
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 16:23:50 +0100

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 12:14:53PM -0500, Andrei E. Warkentin wrote:
> Juan,
>
> You may use the CPUID instruction to correctly identify the processor
> your code is executing on. GRUB does not provide such information as
> part of the Multiboot info.

Ah, uhm right.  I was thinking in terms of GRUB internals rather than multiboot
on my last reply.  Sorry for the confusion :-/

If you're working on an OS kernel, just use CPUID instruction like Andrei said.
You can see our cpuid command for an example on how to do it (license terms
apply if you copy actual code).

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)