grub-devel

[non-finalised patch] reiserfs handling

From: Vincent Pelletier
Subject: [non-finalised patch] reiserfs handling
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 15:56:18 +0200

Hi.

Attached is my work on reiserfs handling.

As I don't plan to work on it anytime soon, and as I was advised on IRC, I
port it here, in case someone want to use it as a base.

It does not follow the coding style, some part looks quite ugly (big hex
constants as bitmasks, grub_reiserfs_get_item and grub_reiserfe_iterate_dir
functions), has old commented out code (grub_reiserfs_read) and some debug
printfs commented out (grub_reiserfe_iterate_dir), conditionaly compiled
(GRUB_REISERFS_DEBUG), or always available.

As such, it was good enough to read tens of megabyte big files on a reiserfs
3.5 disk image on a PPC32 box. It handles symlinks as such, and showed no
read errors as far as I could tell. It was only tested in grub-emu, and never
on a live system.

To build grub2 with reiserfs module, add this file in the "fs" folder and add
a reference to this file in conf/*.rmk files .

Sorry for not finishing that work.

--
Vincent Pelletier