grub-devel

Re: multiboot code asking for stubs-32.h under x86-64?

From: Julio Meca Hansen
Subject: Re: multiboot code asking for stubs-32.h under x86-64?
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 23:50:07 +0200

hmm... a regression test? but... the only thing that's not behaving
properly in my almost-fully-compiled system is the search for
stubs-32.h, I suppose the correct behaviour would be to search just for
stubs.h or in the excessive case, for stubs-64.h, but as I have a pure64
system there's not any presence of 32bit libraries...

anyway... if grub-1.95 can support journaled ext3 filesystems, it would
suffice to me, but I'm not sure and I was quite afraid of messing
something...

to be honest, I'm not much of an experienced programmer in linux and
performing a regression tests looks like a bit difficult, and you're
refering to wine instructions, but my system, to be clear... just needs
grub2 in order to obtain the 'stage 1' system status, that's...

just pure console linux, no aditional libraries, not any kind of X
server, no desktop, and so on... so I need this step successfully
fulfilled

(and to continue being honest, I thought maybe you as developers would
have an idea of what could have been changed :S)

Julio