grub-devel

Re: pxebooting with GRUB 2

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: pxebooting with GRUB 2
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:03:33 -0400

On Sun 2007-09-30 12:07:38 -0400, Robert Millan wrote:

> WIP.  Check latest mails from Marco on the subject.  He sent patches
> implementing ethernet infrastructure and requested feedback.

Ah, thanks.  Are you referring to this, from two months ago?

 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2007-08/msg00011.html

I couldn't find a more recent e-mail.  And though the message suggests
that the patchset will be in CVS within a week (i.e. mid-August), it
doesn't look merged to me.  i'm looking at CVS HEAD, though -- is
there another branch i should be trying?

I'm not sure what feedback i can give as i'm not a grub developer, and
there doesn't appear to be enough in the patch (e.g. no IPv4 support)
to make it something i can test as an end user.

Marco, can you give another status report on netbooting?

Thanks for the followup,

       --dkg