grub-devel

Implentation of password and lock commands

From: Julien RANC
Subject: Implentation of password and lock commands
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:38:16 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to get involved actively in the Grub 2 development. I decided to start by (re)implementing the commands "password" and "lock" from Grub Legacy, that are currently missing in Grub 2.

For now, I can successfully set a password in the grub.cfg file, read it, retrieve it, and block access to command line and edition mode until the password is verified. This seems to me a good start :)

I hope I will have a first patch to propose in the weeks to come. As I am in the beginning of this implementation, I was wondering if there was anything more than what was implemented in Grub Legacy that was required, wished, or though about concerning this matter ? All comments and suggestions are indeed welcomed.

--
Julien RANC
address@hidden