grub-devel

Re: Timed wait/sleep

From: Alex Roman
Subject: Re: Timed wait/sleep
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:21:56 -0400

On 06 Jul 2007 17:04:19 -0500, Haudy Kazemi <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jul 6 2007, Alex Roman wrote:
I'd avoid straight loops...with those you run into processor speed
issues...runs too fast on new CPUs, runs too slow on old hardware. Of
course I guess you could calibrate some straight loops to the RTC, and then
use the loops rather than polling the RTC periodically, but I don't think
the extra level of complication would provide any real benefit.

Yes, I am reluctant to use loops for that reason.

I could definitely do a simple read RTC in a loop until the time
difference from when I started the loop is what I want it to be...

I'll try to get that working, but I am open to other suggestions as well!

Thanks!

--
Alex Roman <address@hidden>