grub-devel

Re: CD-ROM booting staus update

From: Alex Roman
Subject: Re: CD-ROM booting staus update
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 23:14:40 -0400

On 28/06/07, Alex Roman <address@hidden> wrote:
That being said, I will clean up the code I have so far and send it as
a patch for review ASAP (tonight or tomorrow latest)...

I've cleaned up the code and created a patch which will enable allow
booting from the first CD-ROM on a system. This is my first patch so I
checked my code many times... hopefully it won't cause unwanted side
effects, and hopefully my patch is in the correct format.

This patch adds support for CD-ROM devices in biosdisk.c (cd0, cd1,
etc). It also adds 2 new files, eltorito.c and .h which implement a
command which will boot from the first CD-ROM device, cd0.

There are a few TODO's in the code.. This is just the first version,
more will come :)

Thanks,
... regards!

--