grub-devel

Re: update-grub on LVM

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: update-grub on LVM
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:41:36 +0200

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 01:05:13PM +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> At Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:10:11 +0200,
> Robert Millan wrote:
> > This seems a bit strange:
> >
> > address@hidden:~$ sudo grub-probe -t drive /
> > (orthanc-root)
> > address@hidden:~$ grep " / " /proc/mounts
> > rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
> > /dev/mapper/orthanc-root / ext3 rw,data=ordered 0 0
> >
> > Is it the intended?  It (partly) breaks update-grub.  Makes it think that /
> > is
> > accessible and adds unifont stuff, etc.
>
> But / is accessible, right?

No.  I booted grub, then loaded raid and lvm modules, and tried to access
(orthanc-root) without success.  When listing devices I don't see anything
that could be identified as / either.

Is this string (orthanc-root) the intended identifier for my lvm, or is the
problem in grub-probe ?

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.