grub-devel

Re: status update for grub 2 developments?

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: status update for grub 2 developments?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:40:47 +0300

Robert Millan wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:22:47PM +0200, adrian15 wrote:
>>> Ideas are welcome where to store this information are also welcome :).
>>> We would need to track requirements for features on component level.
>>> More automated the better.
>> Can we use the bugs system maybe?
>> A friend of mine uses trac ( http://trac.edgewall.org/ ) and he likes it
>> a lot. I do not know if it fits our needs.
>
> We have a bug system in Savannah, but it's occupied by GRUB Legacy.  I guess
> this is why we're not using it?

Bug tracker isn't exactly a tool I was looking for :). With tweaks and
meta bugs some task could be done with it. But I would prefer something
else that savannah's bug tracking facility.

Trac has a bit more features, though I am not familiar enough with it.

Joomla's tracker is a bit more what I was thinking about. It handles
tasks quite nicely. Has task dependency support. It can store files in
tasks so drafts being developed could be stored there. Later specs could
then be stored on Wiki or in doc storage. There is also some reporting
tools... Though they could be a bit better... perhaps anonymous users
just don't see them.

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/