grub-devel

Re: 64 Bit Support?

From: Andrei E. Warkentin
Subject: Re: 64 Bit Support?
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:29:43 -0700

Heh, UEFI x64 runs in long mode, and it has no problems doing things like that. To linearly map the first 4GB you need a whole of 24KB worth of page tables (using 2m pages). And the code to enter long mode directly from RM is pretty trivial. RM->16PM->LM.

Andrei Evgenievich Warkentin
Cell: (+1) (847) 321-15-55