grub-devel

Feature Request: Alpha-Linux support.. possible?

From: Brian Evans
Subject: Feature Request: Alpha-Linux support.. possible?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:38:45 -0400

Hello all,

The current DEC Alpha boot loaders MILO and aboot are unmaintained and
frequently break with newer tool chains and kernels.

How hard would it be to add Alpha to Grub-2?

I'm not a very proficient programmer so myself adding such a project
would not be wise.
However, I do have an Alpha box to test with (read: break).

Although the Alpha platform is no longer producing any new machines,
many exist as servers or workstations and could be reused as Linux machines.

Links to the current boot loaders are: MILO (
http://milo.core-systems.de/* ) *and aboot (
http://aboot.sourceforge.net/tarballs/ )

Thanks for your time.

Brian Evans