grub-devel

Re: QEMU and ElTorito and EDD 3

From: Alex Roman
Subject: Re: QEMU and ElTorito and EDD 3
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:24:32 -0400

On 13/06/07, Alex Roman <address@hidden> wrote:
We might have to read the boot catalog manually, not with the 4Dh
function to achieve more compatibility. Tonight I'll try to do an
"Extended Read", function 42h, to get the boot catalog and parse it in
a structure and see if it "makes sense".

I tried the extended read as follows:
 struct grub_biosdisk_dap dap;
 grub_uint8_t buffer[2048];
 dap.length = sizeof( dap );
 dap.reserved = 0;
 dap.blocks = 1;
 dap.buffer = (grub_uint32_t) buffer;
 dap.block = 17;
 x = grub_biosdisk_rw_int13_extensions( 0x42, drive, &dap );

"drive" was still 0xe0.

However, all I get in buffer is 0's. I tried reading other blocks as
well (e.g. 0, 1...). Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

--
Alex Roman <address@hidden>