grub-devel

Pager does work from a menu?

From: adrian15
Subject: Pager does work from a menu?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:57:42 +0200

This code from: normal/command.c

  /* Enable the pager if the environment pager is set to 1.  */
  if (interactive)
    pager = grub_env_get ("pager");
  else
    pager = 0;
  if (pager && (! grub_strcmp (pager, "1")))
    grub_set_more (1);

Can anyone confirm my suspictions that even the pager variable set to 1
there is NO stop on the screen when running a grub option that has the
cat command inside it with a big file?

I am suspecting because in grub legacy there was the same stupid
behaviour which I fixed of course.

I also do not like the way that pager is run. I mean, putting a getkey
inside the

void
grub_putcode (grub_uint32_t code)

function from: kern/term.c

it seems to me a bit childish although I do not know so far a better
solution.

adrian15