grub-devel

history of fsys_ntfs.c (Re: Update for NTFS file system driver)

From: Robert Millan
Subject: history of fsys_ntfs.c (Re: Update for NTFS file system driver)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:18:47 +0200

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:42:53AM +0800, Bean wrote:
> > Did you write all the code yourself or did you use code from another
> > project, like Linux or grub4dos or so?
> >

> Yes, I write the code myself, which is based on the NTFS driver fsys_ntfs.c
> in grub4dos.

I had a look at that file, trying to trace its origin.  As for the file header,
it seems that Samuel Leo <address@hidden> wrote it.  GRUB maintainers, do
we need to contact Samuel about this, or can we take the copyright as ok now ?

His patch (for GRUB Legacy) was sent to bug-grub in 2003:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2003-04/msg00032.html

It was also discussed on 2005:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2005-05/msg00046.html

There are also a few bugs in Savannah:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?4149
  http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?9180

Some contain improvements/fixes that I guess they have made into grub4dos
already, hence present in the patch Bean sent.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.