grub-devel

Re: Update for NTFS file system driver

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: Update for NTFS file system driver
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:19:37 +0200

Hello!

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 09:57:44AM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Bean <address@hidden> writes:
> > On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 08:05:45PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> >> The normal procedure for patches is to make them consistent with the
> >> GCS (GNU Coding Standards), include a changelog.  That way it is
> >> easier to review the patch and to include it in GRUB 2.
>
> The GNU Coding Standards:
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html
>
> The specific part on ChangeLog entries:
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Logs
>
> The biggest part is on indentation, etc.

Sorry, but that is also the part which the upstream committers (e.g. you,
or me, or some more others) can trivially fix if you don't like it the
way the first-time contributor has done.  That's my idea of this eternal
``your-formatting-only-does-stop-us-from-committing-your-patch'' thing.
And that is also what I would expect if I were a first-time contributor.
Otherwise I might decide to spend my time elsewhere.

Regards,
 Thomas