grub-devel

Re: Variable assignment not working as expected

From: Alex Roman
Subject: Re: Variable assignment not working as expected
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 11:08:03 -0400

On 09/06/07, Alex Roman <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to code this feature but I'm noticing something peculiar...

In command.c, function set_command I do the following just before "var
= args[0];":

grub_printf( "args[0]: %s\n", args[0] );

If args[0] contains a '$', the string is displayed up until the $, not
inclusive. Any other character is fine.

Does '$' get considered as a line-ending or command-ending character?
If so, we can't implement this feature because we don't get access to
anything after the '$'...

Furthermore, if I enter, say:
set A=$

In grub-emu, I get a segmentation fault!

--
Alex Roman <address@hidden>