grub-devel

Re: grub2 miscelanea questions (2/2)

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub2 miscelanea questions (2/2)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 19:32:22 +0200

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 09:35:10AM +0200, adrian15 wrote:
> 23) set read only variables
> ==============================
> unset prefix lets me "delete" the prefix variable.
> unset root does not let me the "root" variable.
>
> I remember that bash has an option to set read only variables.
> Maybe the root variable is a read only variable?

I have manually overriden both of these some times.  It's useful for debugging
(i.e. not completely breaking your system when prefix wasn't set properly).

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.