grub-devel

Re: gfxterm blinking

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: gfxterm blinking
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:19:28 +0300

余上 wrote:
> In gfxterm mode , when the termimal scroll up , the screnn keep blinking
> . I think it maybe somthing related to  the double buffering ? Is there
> any workaround ? thanks

Actually that blinking is probably related not using any buffering :). I
don't remember has CVS version any buffering so it might first clear
area and then draw that area again. To fix this I have local copy with
buffer to do this and then blit that to video memory.

This patch has been pending as I was kinda looking if someone was
planning to work on the menu code and with that it could have been
integrated to that mix... If no-one shows up with his ideas I will
probably implement some kind of layer manager to gfxterm and then export
that API to possible graphical menu interface.