grub-devel

Grub support for partitionable raid arrays.

From: Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd
Subject: Grub support for partitionable raid arrays.
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:31:49 +1200

Hi,

I am wanting to get support for grub recognising and easily setting up
grub on raid1 disks on linux.

These are the partitionable raid1 disks not raid1 partitions on multiple
disks.

Currently legacy grub requires me to build the initial install and
create the raid1 after grub installation is complete.

It appears that while grub2 supports detection and setup of raid
devices, it doesn't seem to support detection and setup of raided disks.

Also, will grub2 ever support raid5/6 partitions and whole disks??

Regards.
--
Daniel Reurich

Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Limited.