grub-devel

"grub-probe -t partmap" doesn't work with software RAID

From: Robert Millan
Subject: "grub-probe -t partmap" doesn't work with software RAID
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 18:13:44 +0200

Hi,

I'm forwarding you a bug report from Debian.  It seems that the grub-probe
-t partmap feature I just added doesn't play nice with RAID.  Unfortunately,
I have no idea how software RAID is implemented.  Is it okay to just exit
succesfuly and install core.img without any partmap module?

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 04:37:45PM +0100, Sam Morris wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 17:16 +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:02:48PM +0100, Sam Morris wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, "grub-probe: error: Cannot detect partition map for md0". The
> > > message doesn't appear when grub-pc's postinst is run, however.

Note to GRUB maintainers: earlier this caused a segfault.  I fixed it in
CVS to print that error instead.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.