grub-devel

Re: GPT on PC/BIOS computers

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: GPT on PC/BIOS computers
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:17:45 +0200

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 03:21:38PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> > I've looked into this, but I need some advice.  What's the simplest way to
> > obtain the corresponding grub_partition_t structure for a partition by
> > knowing
> > its drive name?
>
> You can use grub_partition_iterate.  Or open the disk and use
> ->partition.  You can read the name of the partitioning scheme.  The
> is also done in grub-setup.c, in the code you altered.

Patch attached.  Let me know if it's correct (I had my doubts about hardcoding
the the whole partition_map list in grub-probe.c, but then again I think safety
is more important).

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.