grub-devel

Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

From: Brandon Sho
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:38:36 +0900

That means you will send in patches?
If I had any, surely.

Thanks for your explanation below.  Those of you who are volunteers I
salute your efforts.

That is what we have been doing for quite a while.  Our main focus was
working towards a release and if you look carefully you will see there
was quite some progress over these years, although GRUB is the kind of
project in which you do not immediately notice features, like in a
project with a fancy GUI.  I mean: the user will not see when for
example a filesystem is supported, but the user will see when it is
not supported.

I hope you understand all of us are volunteers.  Sometimes we do not
have time to work on GRUB, in that case simply nothing happens.
Sometimes we think it is fun to add a feature, even if it isn't
required for the release.  But you can't blame anyone for that, if we
don't accept patches like these, people will start working on other
fun projects.  I think most of us know perfectly well what to do in
order to get GRUB 2 stable and to replace GRUB Legacy and we are all
working on this as a top priority.

--
Marco