grub-devel

Re: Google Summer of Code 2007

From: Er Zapito
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:56:58 +0100

Well, I'm still interested in developing a "fancy" menu interface. Anyway, I had to develop a net module for the GRUB2, and I was working on write support for the ext2 file system when the proyect was cancelled :/.

On 3/6/07, Thomas Schwinge <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello!

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 11:44:21AM +0100, Johan Rydberg wrote:
> "Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:
> > As you may know, Google Summer of Code 2007 is about starting:
>
> Are we suggesting any tasks that could be done by the student(s)?

That's how it is supposed to work, yes.  The mentoring organization (GNU)
will publish a list of tasks it has mentors for.  From that list the
students then can select.  This list of tasks is made up from the input
that the individual GNU (sub)projects provide.  And their maintainers, in
turn, can get ideas for tasks either from having them already in their
minds or from students that say: ``Hey, if you put up such a task, then
I'm going to apply for it.''

So, if you have ideas for tasks and could imagine mentoring them, then
speak up.

Regards,
Thomas