grub-devel

External library

From: Jason Morganson
Subject: External library
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:38:20 -0500

Hello all,

I was wondering what the group thinks about the use of external libraries in GRUB. Is is acceptable to add this kind of dependency? Would it be alright to say... add a configure option to compile in support for the Freetype library? If so what is the proper way that you would like this to be done, are conditional code blocks enough isolation of the outside code? Also, is it possible to do initialization in the GRUB_MOD_INIT macro or is there a better place to do this? I look forward to helping out in any way that I can. If you could give me a little direction so that I implement in the manner that you want it done it would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Jason Morganson