grub-devel

libparted integration with grub

From: jayanth
Subject: libparted integration with grub
Date: 2 Feb 2007 09:15:55 -0000

Hi,
I am working on using the libparted library in grub. I have completed the basic work and am able to use the library to disply the partition information, remove partitions, toggle partiton flags etc. I am currently to trying to create partitions for whichc the ext2 filesystem need uuids. I would like to have suggestions on how to go about doing it. I can use the sysem time?? is it alone sufficient?? is there some way of getting the MAC address of the system from grub??
Thanks
Jayanth