grub-devel

Cross-target in grub legacy

From: David Wuertele
Subject: Cross-target in grub legacy
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:22:21 +0000 (UTC)

I am using grub for an embedded system that needs the bootp and dhcp features
of grub legacy.  How do I build grub legacy so that I can target a different
platform?

In Grub 2, presumably I can run configure like this:

./configure --host=i386-linux --target=my-other-platform --prefix=/path/to/tools

I believe that would give me a grub-install which I could execute on the
i386-linux host to install grub on a disk image for my-other-platform.  I
would like to do this with grub-0.97.

Is there support in grub-0.97 for installing on different platforms?

Thanks,
Dave