grub-devel

Re: grub2 accessibility: beeps

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: grub2 accessibility: beeps
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:40:30 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday 30 November 2006 20:50, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Perhaps, I was thinking about something like:
>>
>> menuentry "foo" --beep=pitch,duration
>>
>> In that case it looks like a command.
>
> I don't like this, either. My preference is to use a style sheet. How the
> menu
> interface appears should be defined by a style sheet instead of commands. I
> wanted to implement such support, but I haven't done yet.

Well, the point that I am trying to make is that I would like to use
hooks for this in some way.  So you are not agreeing with the first
alternative I suggested.  But you ignored the second alternative,
which was the most important part in my email.

Can you explain what the style sheet would look like?  In that case we
can discuss some things so we are all agree so we can work towards the
same goal.

--
Marco