grub-devel

Grub2 does not detect PVs if they are not at the beginning of the disk

From: Michael Guntsche
Subject: Grub2 does not detect PVs if they are not at the beginning of the disk
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:51:22 +0200

Hello,

Testing the new LVM support in grub2 I noticed that the new LVM code does not detect LVM PVs if they are not at the beginning of the disk. The problem is in "grub_lvm_scan_device". It just checks the beginnig of the disk for the LVM signature. If you have several partitions and the PV is note the the first partition, it does not find it. I spent this day trying to fix this (using grub_partition_iterate) do check every partition on a disk for the signature, but did not succeed at all. I just never got grub_partition_iterate to call my callback. Maybe someone with more knowledge about grubs internals can take a look at it.

Kind regards,
Michael