grub-devel

Re: GRUB 1.95 is released

From: Stefan Reinauer
Subject: Re: GRUB 1.95 is released
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:00:47 +0200

* Dennis Clarke <address@hidden> [061015 17:41]:
> > It was already discussed plenty of times and the answer is that with
> > BIOS it's impossible to guess the linux's names, so it would just
> > confuse the users
>
> Or it may be Solaris or OS/2 Warp or some OS not yet released.

I enjoy the amusement my suggestion obviously provoked. Indeed we could
become philosophical and find out that the device naming in the above
mentioned might be less broken than the linux naming scheme. But that
was evidently not my point when writing the original email.

The amusement is on my side in that the original point is turned a blind
eye.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
Email: address@hidden  • http://www.coresystems.de/