grub-devel

Re: Physical memory access (when not running with a manager)

From: David Frascone
Subject: Re: Physical memory access (when not running with a manager)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:18:04 -0400

The answer is: use the #define GRUB_UTIL.

-Dave

David Frascone wrote:
I'm sure this has an easy answer, but it's been eluding me:

I need grub, when booting, to grab some values from a particular memory address (in flash). My code runs fine, on the platform . .

BUT -- I use the same code to *install* grub from linux, where it can not access the physical memory address. So -- is there any way to have stage2 only access the location when not running under an OS (i.e. when booting)?

-Dave

--

David Frascone

                 Waiter, there's no fly in my soup! - Kermit