grub-devel

Re: how to increase commandline size

From: Jeff Chua
Subject: Re: how to increase commandline size
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:28:16 +0800 (SGT)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Marco Gerards wrote:

Jeff Chua <address@hidden> writes:

I need to pass parameters such as network IP, mask, hostname in
grub.cfg, but currently grub2 can only handle up to 100 bytes???

Right, this is a bug.  I will have a look at this really soon.  We
need to change the code to do dynamic allocation.

Marco,

I noticed that you've made changes to go dynamic allocation, but I still pass in very long lines (eg 300 characters). Are you still working on this?

Thanks,
Jeff.