grub-devel

Re: resumo-like functionality

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: resumo-like functionality
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:43:49 +0200

Anthony Green <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 16:31 +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Anthony Green <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> >   I'm just curious... are there any plans for resumo[1]-like
>> > functionality in grub2?
>>
>> Isn't this just the same as the fallback option in GRUB Legacy?
>
> Looks like it.  Thanks for pointing that out.

I forgot to mention that GRUB 2 does not have support for fallback
yet, currently it is only a GRUB Legacy feature.  If you would like to
work with us on something similar to fallback for GRUB 2, you are more
than welcome.  There are some ideas about how to integrate it into
GRUB 2, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

--
Marco