grub-devel

Re: I need some help with gfxterm

From: Khaled Hosny
Subject: Re: I need some help with gfxterm
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 06:01:27 -0400

On 9/14/06, Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

Well, perhaps QEMU just doesn't support that mode...

I tried this sequence with exception (set gfxmode=1024x768x32) in VMWare
and it works nicely. You can specify "set gfxmode=1024x768" to auto
detect best color mode.

Thanks for the tip, "set gfxmode=1024x768" works fine. I want to load
these modules in "grub.cfg" file, puting them in the top of the file
doesn't work but making a menu entery that load them works fine, is
this normal ?

Now I'm able to display menu enteries in Arabic. Although grub2
deosn't support RTL nor Arabic shaping, a quicke workaround is to
store the Arabic text in grub.cfg already Shapped by using a tool like
fribidi2 (cvs branch) or "mu"  [ftp://foolab.org/tmp/mu-fribidi.zip]

$ mu < grub.cfg > grub_ar.cfg

then coping "grub_ar.cfg" to grub/grub.cfg.

Here a screenshoot without RTL and shaping
[http://khalid_hosny.manalaa.net/files/khalid_hosny/images/grub3.preview.png]
, and this one with
[http://khalid_hosny.manalaa.net/files/khalid_hosny/images/grub2.png].
Also I wrote a mini-howto in Arabic