grub-devel

Re: I want to contribute...

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: I want to contribute...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:58:00 +0200

"Karuppuswamy Thangaraj - TLS , Chennai" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> I am a newbie to GRUB mailing list. I am interested in open source OS and
> applications. So far I have been a user in open source. Now I want to
> contribute something for my pleasure of coding, so that it **may** :-) be
> useful for others also. How to start. Since I am more interested in low
> level coding stuff (and also a regular GRUB user), I selected GRUB to
> contribute. Here is my profile:

First of all, welcome. :-)

If you want to get started, just download the GRUB 2 sourcecode from
CVS, play a bit with it and when you find a bug or missing feature you
can just start in sending patches.  For details on how to send in
patches (ChangeLog entries, style, indentation, etc) just have a look
at the GNU Coding Standards document or feel free to ask me when you
are not sure.

Although this list is not that active lately, you can learn a lot
about GRUB 2 and it's development by following discussions here and on
IRC (irc.freenode.net / #grub).

--
Marco