grub-devel

Re: EFI disk probing problem

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: EFI disk probing problem
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:15:59 +0200

On Friday 04 August 2006 07:26, bibo,mao wrote:
>   My hard disk is MBR partition type, there is FAT partition in my logical
> partition, bootloader grub.efi is in this partition. When grub efi
> bootloader starts up, it cannot probe my hard disk. It is because that
> parent device_path of current logical partition is extended partition, but
> not my hard disk's device path.

I don't remember precisely, but I think I only added disk devices but not
partition devices. On your system, don't disk devices as well as partition
devices get enumerated?

BTW, can you follow the GNU-style formatting rules? It is very difficult for
me to read a different coding style.

Thanks,
Okuji