grub-devel

GRUB2 on the MacBook

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: GRUB2 on the MacBook
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:40:41 +0200

Hi,

Has anyone here tested GRUB 2 on the MacBook(EFI) already?  I have
been playing with it and here are some things I noticed:

Module loading did not work for me.  At first I has an image with
boot.mod excluded.  I loaded boot.mod manually (from an ext2
filesystem) and it crashed after I ran the `boot' command.  The module
does work when I include it in the image.  Is this a known problem?  I
will look into this and fix it when I have some time again, although I
have no clue when that will be because I thought too often I would
have time while that turned out not to be true.  So if someone else
wants to fix this, don't wait for me.

Another thing is Linux.  This might be a bit off-topic, but it is
essential if I want to switch to GRUB 2 completely some day soon.
Okuji, you were able to load Linux properly, right?

I can't get the framebuffer to work.  I am booting with
"video=imacfb:macbook", have imacfb and EFI boot support compiled in.
When booting the display is messed up.  With some kernels+attempts I
see the mess scrolling by, but it does not come to a point where I see
something or can ssh into this box.

Thanks,
Marco