grub-devel

Re: [patch] Added bitmap support to Video API

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: [patch] Added bitmap support to Video API
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:24:39 +0300

Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> On Saturday 29 July 2006 14:38, Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:
>> I have just made a patch to add bitmap support to Video API. It contains
>> example bitmap loader for .tga files. At this point there is no real
>> example how to use them, but I have tried to update wiki to reflect
>> changes (except that bitmap handling is not there yet).
>>
>> New functionality was introduced to Video API to specify blitting
>> operator. Now there is only two operators specified, replace and blend.
>> Replace just uses source pixel data and blits it destination and blend
>> uses source pixel alpha value to blend source and destination pixels.
>
> Fantastic. So have you implemented everything you planned? :)

Almost. Couple of VBE2+ driver features are not implemented yet. But
they should not limit much of going forward with implementing other
features.

One issue that needs thinking is theming of GRUB, this includes colors
and visual appearance and is also closely related to designing new menu
system. What I would like to see is that that now as there is base work
done on video side, someone could continue on menu side so I could do
some other stuff :). I can of course help on menu stuff too.

There has been at lease couple of interested people on this in past and
I would like them to step ahead :)

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen