grub-devel

Re: [BUG] grub-efi memeory map size is too small

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: [BUG] grub-efi memeory map size is too small
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 00:16:02 +0200

On Thursday 20 July 2006 05:35, Mao, Bibo wrote:
>       In function kern/efi/mm.c, macro MEMORY_MAP_SIZE is defined as
> 0x1000, on some platform, its memory map size is larger than
> MEMORY_MAP_SIZE. And there is another function find_mmap_size which is
> defined in loader/i386/efi/linux.c , I do not know whether this function
> can be put in file mm.c, and get memory_map_size by find_mmap_size
> function.

Clearly, the right way is to resize the buffer, according to information
returned by EFI. Unfortunately, I don't have an environment that provides a
memory map larger than one page. Could you make a patch for this problem
instead of me? Or, I can try to implement it then ask you to test mine.

Thanks,
Okuji