grub-devel

Re: Branch for my Google SOC RAID and LVM work

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: Branch for my Google SOC RAID and LVM work
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:35:15 +0200

On Monday 26 June 2006 21:54, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> I just created a CVS branch ("google-soc2006") withthe work I've done
> so far for my Google SoC project.

Excellent!

> The next thing I'm going to work on is adding support for RAID devices
> in grub-setup. It should automatically detect whether /boot is on a
> RAID device and set everything up accordingly when this is the case.

I think you will have to extend the block list in diskboot in order to support
RAID0 and some others, because diskboot assumes that it reads only from a
single drive at the moment. Also, you will have to think how to set a boot
drive correctly. Well, I guess you know all of these already. :)

Thanks,
Okuji