grub-devel

grub-mkimage skipped by "make install"

From: Adam Nielsen
Subject: grub-mkimage skipped by "make install"
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:27:09 +1000

Hi all,

I'm just attempting to switch from LILO to GRUB, and after running
"make install" and trying to figure out what to do next from the old
docs (I can't find anything that explains roughly how to install
GRUB2, so I could be doing this wrong) I get this error:

  $ grub-install /dev/sda
  /usr/sbin/grub-mkimage: Not found.

Copying grub-mkimage from the compilation directory to /usr/sbin fixed
the problem (I ran ./configure --prefix=/usr) so it looks like 'make
install' isn't copying this file.

I just thought someone out there might like to correct this if it's
not supposed to happen!

Cheers,
Adam.