grub-devel

Re: GUI Work

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: GUI Work
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:31:57 +0300

John S. wrote:
>  I am interested in getting involved with GRUB and was wondering what
> work has been done on implementing a GUI for GRUB 2.
> If anyone is working on it right now, could you please let me know how I
> can help.

Hi,

I have been doing preparations for it by introducing Video API to GRUB 2
(http://grub.enbug.org/VideoSubsystem). It is still being fine tuned,
but basic design of the GUI could be started by now.

If you search archives from this mailing list you can notice some
messages about it. Here are some links that you should check out:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2006-04/msg00056.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2006-05/msg00008.html

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen