grub-devel

netboot related projects

From: vincent guffens
Subject: netboot related projects
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:39:33 +0100

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I contacted the maintainer of
Etherboot to inform him of my current attempt to port the etherboot
drivers to grub2.

As I understand (don't hesitate to correct me or give more details if
you know them), the development of etherboot will stop and future
development will be done on a new project called gpxe. This will occur
shortly when Etherboot will reach its version 5.5. gpxe will have more
features such as memory allocation, availability for more platforms and
so on. gpxe will also replace the development of nilo.

The etherboot drivers will be used but I was told that the interface
will change.

--
        Vincent Guffens