grub-devel

Re: --enable-mm-debug breakage

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: --enable-mm-debug breakage
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:06:14 -0500

On Apr 25, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:

        Also, this change adds an
        intensive debugging feature for the memory manager via the
        configure option "--enable-mm-debug".

... and finally, the debug functions seem to introduce runtime breakage (out of memory errors). I have no idea how, and I've wasted too much time trying to figure that out. It's as easy as trying to load a vmlinux: out of memory. When I hack out the EXPORT stuff so I can build without --enable-mm-debug, everything runs fine.

-Hollis