grub-devel

Re: --enable-mm-debug breakage

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: --enable-mm-debug breakage
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:10:05 -0500

On Apr 25, 2006, at 3:08 PM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:

        Also, this change adds an
        intensive debugging feature for the memory manager via the
        configure option "--enable-mm-debug".

I fixed the breakage from renaming "abort".

However, the build is now broken when not using --enable-mm-debug:
        grubof_symlist.c: In function 'grub_register_exported_symbols':
grubof_symlist.c:134: error: 'grub_debug_malloc' undeclared (first use in this function)

Given gensymlist.sh, I can see two ways to solve this problem:
1) Provide empty stubs for those debug functions.
2) Use the regular debugging infrastructure, as I mentioned before. That is what is was designed for, so it seems to be the obvious solution. grub_mm_debug(), which has no callers, is the only function that won't fit.

I will resist the urge to do this until you're able to comment.

-Hollis